Thursday, February 25, 2010

Midwife appointment..

Had my appointment yesterday with the midwife. All is going well other than I'm a little dehydrated. Iyana and I got to listen to the heartbeat which was so much fun. She has never heard that before and so thought it was a little weird. Baby B was not impressed with being pushed on by the doppler and gave it a few kicks while we were listening. Funny sound.
In some ways I'm still in shock that there is actually a new life growing inside of me. I was a little nervous going to the appointment wondering once again (even though I've seen the picture and heard the proof) if this was all in my imagination. It's just so unreal at times. Life is going on as normal (other than the morning/all day sickness) and yet, my body is working overtime to help nourish and form this little one inside of me. I've felt a few small kicks, but they're so slight that it's hard to really tell. Maybe once I really start feeling them, it'll become more real. Praise God though for this miracle! I can't help but be thankful!

No comments: