Not sure what's up with the tongue.
Today was one of those days. I was getting ready for work while Dayson was hanging out with Iyana in her room. A short while later, I heard the dreaded sound of someone hitting something. It was a very loud thump. Within moments the screaming came. Obviously by the sound, it was Dayson who had hurt himself. Iyana was trying to comfort him when I walked in but he immediately wanted mom. Once I was able to get him calmed down, I lifted up his face fully expecting to see a nice goose egg on his head only to find that he had fallen flat his nose onto the wooden railing that goes across Iyana's bed...ouch doesn't quite explain it. Thinking that he had broke it, I started checking for any signs of blood or misalignment. Not seeing anything other than the bumps and swelling on his nose plus a bit of a black eye starting, I was able to gently touch it and move it with no tears from him though he did swat my hand away.
The verdict?? As of right now we're just going to keep an eye on him. The swelling has since gone down and he's acting normal. When ever he's rubbed it or bumped it, he doesn't complain any. So, I don't think it's broke. Just another one of those slightly traumatic experiences that we go through as parents. And just to show that he can still be silly while in pain, here's another picture of him trying to wink at the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment