Here's a brief update on what he's been up to lately.
As of right now Dayson weighs 29.5 pounds and is about 34 inches tall. We're still working on making up the weight that he lost when sick. I feel like he's in a constant growth spurt as he's always hungry. He really likes his routine of having a banana and a cereal bar in the morning. When we've run out of those, the mornings don't go so well. Funny how some kids have to have the same things everyday or it really messes the day up.
To add on to his growing this month, he still wears a size 2T in most clothing, though like I've said before there are some 3T things that fit him perfectly. He's bumped up a size in shoes and now officially wears a size 7. I'm hoping that we don't have any more major growth spurts until closer to fall. I really don't want to have to buy a new wardrobe for him in the summer if I don't have to.
He was growling at me in this shot, just showing how tough he is I guess ☺
Speaking of his not liking things, or more clearly, his temper, Dayson is in the stage of full blown temper tantrums. I thought before when he was giving me the occasional one was bad, now it's almost every time we say no to something or he just plain doesn't like something. And it's not just the kicking and screaming that we get. It's the all out drop down on the ground in a very dramatic fashion and thrash about. Getting him into the carseat when he doesn't want to be in it is not the easiest thing in the world either. Have I mentioned how strong he's gotten? I'm scared to see what things are going to be like when I'm a lot further on in my pregnancy. Let's just say that baby #3 has gotten his/hers fair share of kicks and headbutts already.
One thing to add to the temper tantrums is that he learned it was not very smart to throw one while in the swimming pool. This child LOVES water but HATES getting his face wet. The other day we told him it was time to get out. Of course that wasn't to his liking so what does he do....drops down face first into the water. The water was high enough that it went over his head. He got up as quickly as he could screaming the whole time but was more than willing at that point to get out. BJ and I got a good laugh out of that one.
Some things that he still loves to do are helping out anyone who's working on something. Whether that be emptying the dishwasher, sweeping (watch out or you'll get hit with the broom), moving tables at church (a huge favorite) or anything else he "thinks" you need help with. I'm hoping that he keeps this kind of liking as that will be a huge help when he's older. Maybe he'll be my child that can't stand a mess and has to clean it up without me asking...wouldn't that be every parent's dream?
He loves anything to do with toy cars. Hotwheels or Matchbox cars are a big hit right now. Of course, they all end up under the oven since it's just the right height and it's so fun to push them under there...grrrr.... Really anything that has wheels right now gets his attention.
And one last thing before I close. He's still not saying too many words (well, unless you count 'yup' which is what he answers to almost anything). He actually prefers to imitate sounds. If he hears something more than once, you can almost guarantee that you'll be hearing something similar from him later on or when he hears it again. One that cracks me up is the jingle to the radio station that we sometimes listen to.
We love you Dayson and are continued to be blessed by being your family!






No comments:
Post a Comment