Thursday, August 23, 2012

School News

Before posting about Iyana going into 5th grade, I wanted to back up a little and and write about the ending of her school year for 4th grade. Our church  has got a great group of homeschoolers who get together about once a month to do different activites. For the end of the year, we did an open house. Each child had their own table to display all of the work that they have done through out the year. It was a wonderful turn out and very encouraging to all of us.


Iyana started knitting this year and has really enjoyed it. Her favorite thing to do is making outfits for all her stuffed animals.

Books that we used this past year.

Some of her artwork.
 
Eating dinner with our friends.

Iyana did a wonderful job learning Greek this year along with her knitting.
 
After the kids had dinner, showed off some of the things that they had learned that year and got an award, they all went outside to play for a bit while the adults had a good time of fellowship. We had a great year of homeschooling. Though there were some days that were really tough, I'm so glad that we get to have Iyana at home teaching her not only school work, but God's word. It's a great reminder to me to be aware of what kind of example I'm showing her of being a godly parent, something that I have to work on everyday.
 
 
5th Grade
 
 
We started school a little early this year... July 30th to be exact. This is partly due to taking some extra time off for when the new baby comes, but also because we don't like having such a long break inbetween learning. Iyana wasn't terribly thrilled about it but once she learned that one of her friends was starting on the same day, it really helped her get back in the mode.
 
Some days it's hard to grasp that I have a 5th grader now. It wasn't that long ago that I was getting my little girl ready for her first day of school in Pre-K. We're so proud of all that she has learned and how's she growing up. I'm excited to see what changes this year will bring.
 


Iyana, we love you so much and are so proud of you and all that you have accomplished over the years. Most importantly, it has been a blessing to see you grow in Christ and come to a loving knowledge of your Savior.

No comments: