Friday, March 8, 2013

1 Month

I'm a week behind in getting this out, but that seems to be the theme right now as life has been so busy having three little ones around. It's so hard to believe that Samara is already a month old. Why does time have to go so fast?
This little gal has quickly outgrown the newborn phase. I at least had a chance with her to enjoy it for a short while. With Dayson, I never felt like he was a newborn, I think because of his size and how he acted. Either that or I was so sleep deprived that I didn't even really notice that time in his life.

Samara is now officially into 0-3 month size clothing. That makes Iyana happy because now she can take all the newborn clothing and use them as doll clothes. I must say, they fit the doll pretty well and in some ways are a lot cheaper to purchase than the doll clothes that actually go with her. 

At her recent weight/height check, she was 9lbs. 13oz. and 20 3/4 inches long. She definitely likes her food. When looking back through both Iyana and Dayson's baby books, Samara actually weighs more than them at this point.


Love little baby feet...

Some of her favorite things right now are to eat, snuggle and sleep on who ever is holding her. She especially likes being wrapped up in my bathrobe. Not sure if it's because it's comfy and warm or because it smells like me. In any case, it seems to help her sleep longer during nap time when I'm not with her and that's something that I can't complain about. I do have to say that she also sleeps so much better that I could have hoped for. So far I've had two nights now where she's gone a full five hours! Most nights though, she'll sleep for 2-3 hours for the first half of the night and then it's touch and go from that point on. I'll take it though. Any time I can get that much sleep at this point in her life is a blessing.

Tried to get her to open her hand but she was not having it.


Some of the things that she doesn't like would be getting put into her car seat, her diaper being changed (until the clean one is on at least), hair in her face or having to wait for her meals (she really gets mad at that). The other day I had to chuckle. She had finally found her ear and grabbed onto it. The problem with that is she started to pull on it which hurt and made her cry. She couldn't seem to figure out how to let go so she continued to pull on it and cry until I was able to take her hand off of it. She's now done this twice. Hoping that she figures out really soon not to try it again :-).
Sister love...

I may or may not have had to bribe Dayson with a marshmallow to get these two pictures :-)


So thankful that my mom got to stay for 4 weeks...such a blessing!

Sleepy smiles...love!

Iyana wanted to see if her doll shoes would fit Sam...it did...she wasn't impressed with it though.

Trying the bib to keep her outfit clean from spit up...she didn't like this either.

Love watching her sleep.

Ahh, my little Samara... I'm so not liking how quickly time is going by. Trying to enjoy every moment with you and your sister and brother. I pray that I don't take anything for granted, even when times are hard and frustrating. Happy 1 month birthday sweet girl! Love you!!


No comments: