I have yet to find a stop button for this little guy. From the time he gets up in the morning until his naptime (assuming he doesn't skip it) and from then until bedtime, he's go, go, go. I know that someday this will be to his advantage and hopefully he'll be able to find a job that works well with his energy. It at least keeps me on my toes. His curiosity is endless. I love seeing how his mind works.
We did a very small, birthday party for him with just us (plus Samara and Iyana) and Grammy Sheba (Kara) present. Instead of doing cupcakes or cake (he doesn't need the extra sugar), we decided to try angel food cake. He didn't seem to mind. He actually only ate the strawberries and whipped cream and left the angel food cake.
This apparently is how you are supposed to eat your cake.
We decided to get one large present for him this year instead of a bunch of small things. He loves playing on Iyana's razor scooter and he loves the movie Cars. When we saw this three-wheeled scooter at the store, we knew that was the perfect gift for him. He's in love with it. Anytime he goes out to ride, he has to make sure that he puts his Lightning McQueen car inside the little pouch. He has yet to ride without him.
Not sure what's up with the tongue, but he does this frequently.
After our little party, we celebrated more over at the splash park. Last year he wasn't really into getting wet but that has all changed this year. He actually sat down in the water and let it spray him, that's a huge step for him. No more running away from sprinklers or spraying water.
Now that he's talking more, it's been fun to hear what all he comes up with. Some recent things that we've heard from him.
* Aww, you bit me! (have no idea why he says this, it always comes out at random times)
* Uh oh, it broke (anytime his underwear is inside out)
* Daddy toot, Dayson (poor BJ always gets the blame whenever Dayson passes gas)
* Oh, I get it. (he really doesn't but he still likes to say it)
* Privacy! (this comes out at random times too, mainly it's directed at Iyana)
* Sorry! I sorry! (if you've startled him or if I get in the car to start it and he's not buckled in yet)
* At the deacon's day away recently, Mrs. Cook asked the kids if they had any worship songs they wanted to sing, Dayson's immediate response was "PBS kids!" Not exactly a worship song.
* While potty training, we were giving him 2 gummy bears as a reward. He was always trying to figure out more ways to get them. Here's one of those conversations.
Mom: Dayson, I'll play Mario Cart after I feed Samara.
Dayson: Mario Cart?
Mom: yes
Dayson: Mario Cart Wii woohoo 2 gummy bears?
Mom: no gummy bears. (glad I was paying attention to what he was saying)
*O-bey God (walking around in a circle reciting that, no idea why)
* Sorry, sorry, gotta go potty! (as he runs to the bathroom)
* Good grief! (another thing that happens at random times)
*Oh my goodness! (whenever something has happened)
I know this is a little late, but Dayson, you are such a joy to us. Never is there a dull moment when you are around. I hope you have had a splendid birthday and that this year brings many new blessings to you. Love you!!












No comments:
Post a Comment