This little gal has been such a fun blessing. She's a handful for sure but definitely fun. She has so many expressions and a sassiness that I wasn't expecting when she was younger. It's going to make life interesting as she gets older, that's for sure.
The measurements are what I was able to do here at home. The official ones will happen next week at her doctors appointment. Even if I am off a little on her height especially, I think she's going to be my shorty. Maybe I'll have a child who is my height?
These are some of her typical expressions that we see on a daily basis. Life around here is never boring.
Tried doing a photoshoot on this day to get her 18 month pictures done. This is pretty much how they turned out. She just wasn't in the mood and there was no changing her mind, even with fruit snacks.
We got to spend some time up at our pastor's cabin a few weeks ago. It was a blast as always. Playing in the water, running around in the yard and relaxing, we all had a great time. This little one was so tired afterwards that we weren't even out of the driveway before she was fast asleep in her car seat.
I'm happy to announce that she is finally (almost consistently at least) sleeping through the night. It didn't happen until I was able to get her to wean. For the longest time I didn't think she would ever give up nursing. We had tried in the past only to be met with severe fits and crying and then her going into a panic. Decided it wasn't worth having her go through that. Her doctor had said that 18 months seems to be the time when they're ready to move on. I was in complete shock when right around the 18 month mark, it happened. We'd been praying about it and it's been such a smooth process. The other shock is that she now goes to bed at the same time as Dayson. We get our hug and kiss and then she waves goodbye to us and lays down. Simple as that! What in the world?! Before it was almost an all out fight to get her to bed and now she just goes in like it's no problem. Not sure what changed but I'm feeling very thankful. Getting some extra sleep has been weird but nice.
Watching the older kids play. Most of the time like this, she has a pretty solemn look on her face.
This picture cracks me up. She was so excited to have the net after the big kids had been playing with it. She had no idea what to do with it but she was still happy about it.
My little bathing beauty.
Look! It's an airplane. Funny how Dayson never noticed planes or anything else in the sky for a long time. Maybe it's having an older brother who now points all those things out that has made her interested in them.
This is a very typical face we see. If you haven't heard of it yet, this is what we call her stink face. Sometimes she even gives it to us when we ask her to do something. Why do I have a feeling that this cute face is not going to be so cute anymore when she gets a little more defiant?
A very half-hearted smile.
Ok mom, I will pose for one more picture. ☺
As usual I'm excited to see what the next days, weeks and months will bring with this little one. So thankful for the blessing of being able to raise her.













No comments:
Post a Comment