Friday, April 1, 2011

7 Months

7 months!! I wish I could say 'april fools' and have this not be real. Is he really over half a year already? Why is it when we have babies, the time just flys by? Next thing I know, he's going to be in kindergarten! Ack! O.k., coming back to the present.

This little guy is going through another growth spurt. He loves to eat! At least as long as it's stuff he likes. He still likes most veggies and fruits, just not carrots, apricots, peaches, green beans and peas if they have been warmed up. Still having to work on the screaming while eating. At least it's only with things he doesn't like (which that would include almost all kinds of meat too). The other thing he does while eating is after every bite, he puts his hand or fingers in his mouth and makes a humming sound. Don't know if that's a good kind of sound or not. At least he's not always grabbing for the bowl or spoon as much any more.

As of last Saturday, Dayson is now 15lbs. 7oz. and is about 26 inches long. Last month when I posted, I had the wrong length down. Kind of a short little guy, but I'm sure he'll catch up in his own time. BJ and I aren't exactly the tallest people around, so I'm not worried.

Some of the things that he's been up to this past month. He's really been into blowing raspberries... or as I prefer to say, spitting. If he's on his back doing that, be prepared to have his back and hair soaked and maybe even a small puddle. He's trying really hard now to crawl. He's started in a different kind of way. He rolls to one side, kicks with his foot and then rolls the other way. It gets him to where he wants to go. Over the past couple of days though, he's gotten up on all four and started the rocking game. It won't be long now. He already loves to pull up to a standing position if he's close to something while sitting. I can see him cruising the furniture by next month.

He still only has two teeth. The four that have been working on coming in are still sitting just below the surface. I've had people tell me to use a wash cloth and rub his gums real quick to help them break through. I just don't think I can do that. Sounds a little too painful. I'm hoping once these teeth finally come in, he'll slow down on the biting. If he's not biting me while nursing (and smiling about it) then it's my shoulder that becomes the target. Here again I've been told to bite back, but really?? He's only seven months!


I just love his expressions.

Remember me mentioning that he doesn't like grass? Well, we tried it again today. And...same response. Haven't figured out yet why he doesn't like it. After watching him for a short bit, I had to laugh though. He would cry, calm down for a moment, pull out some grass and then cry again. Every time he pulled the grass out and looked at it, he cried. He did try to eat some of it too which infuriated him all the more when I took it out of his mouth. Funny little guy.

As of last night, he's now sleeping in a crib. We we're going to go as long as possible without having to put him in one. He's at a point though that it's time. He's not the biggest fan of it yet, but I'm sure once he gets used to it (I'm hoping at least), he'll enjoy it. Definitely lots more room to move around. Really cute too when he wakes up and peeks over the bumpers. All that I see is the top of his head and eyes staring at me.

Favorite sleeping position...in the corner on his stomach, bum in the air, and the latest thing is holding onto one sock. Guess in case some one wanted to take it away.

Dayson, you sure are growing quickly and becoming such a little ham. We love you so much and look forward to all that is in store for us in raising a little boy!

1 comment:

Serena said...

I gotta say - I loved playing with your sweet boy yesterday in the nursery!!! He is such a cutie-patootie. How can he already be 7 months old?!?!