Friday, March 2, 2012

18 Months

A year and a half...doesn't sound like much, but when you compare it to how old Dayson is, it sounds like a lot. I say it every month, but time is just going by too quickly. My little man is growing and changing every day. Here are some of the latest things that he's been up to.


Dayson now weighs 27.5 pounds. I'm not sure how long he is yet, haven't had a chance to grab him and hold him still long enough to measure him. I'll find out exacts here in a couple weeks when he goes in for his well child check up. Clothing size is anything from 24 months to 2T. Still in a size 5 shoe, but I have a feeling that we will be moving up in size here in the next month or so.

Though still not talking much, we are starting to hear a few things that sound like words. I know he can say some of the easier words, it's just getting him to do it. Last Sunday while we were waiting in the car, Dayson was babbling away in the back seat. As soon as Iyana came within sight, he said "Nana". It's the first time we've heard him say anything near her name. Such a sweet moment. 

Not the best picture to show his curls, but this little guy sure is getting more of them, especially since his hair is getting longer and thicker. I talked to BJ recently about cutting Dayson's hair pretty short and he said no. Now you have to understand, from the first sign that Dayson was going to have curls, BJ said that he didn't like curls on boys. Knowing that, I brought up the whole haircut thing. To my surprise, BJ said that he now likes Dayson's curls and wants to keep them. So, at least until summer time when it gets really hot, we'll be keeping this curly look ☺.

Dayson adores Iyana. All through out the day, he's always trailing her around. Last Sunday at church, he actually starting crying when she walked by with some of her friends. After putting him down, he immediately ran up to her, gave her a big hug and then walked with her and her friends. Love seeing the bond between these two. 


I definitely see this guy riding a scooter in the near future. When ever Iyana brings hers out, he's right there wanting to "ride" it. We finally lowered the handle bars so that he could get a feel for it. Very cute to see him walking around thinking he's "riding" it.

This is becoming an all too familiar sight when he is in the kitchen. If he's not in the pantry, then it's the fridge. This child will do almost anything to get a snack. If we stop playing with him and he gets bored, he immediately aims for the pantry or fridge. I'm highly considering a lock for both of these things.


My sweet little boy. Dayson, you are such a joy to all of us. I love seeing your personality come out and how you are starting to choose things for yourself and becoming your own little person. It's looking like lime green is your favorite color right now. You love blocks and a new favorite toy is anything with wheels. I love your sweet and tender gestures, the way you will push away my bangs if they're in my eyes or how you'll come up to me and lay your cheek on mine. I'm treasuring all these moments as I know that as you grow older, they will become fewer and far between. Happy half birthday Little D. Love you!


No comments: