At my last appointment, my midwife was pretty sure that I would go into labor before my next appointment which is this coming Wednesday. I'm still thinking that I will go late, at least I tell myself that so that I don't get my hopes up. BJ is a little disappointed that so far the baby hasn't come today. He really wanted me to share a birthday with this little one. Me on the other hand, I'm ok with it. If this little one needs to cook a bit longer, I'm all for that.
Litl B has really plumped up. He/she weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He/she has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his/her hand for the first time! His/her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he/she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he/she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he/she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after being born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 38 Weeks 1 Day
Total Weight Gain: 11 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Looking forward to the time when I'm back in my regular clothes. It's hard when even your maternity shirts don't even cover you completely anymore.
Best Moment This Week: Getting the news that my iron levels were up.
Gender and Name: Getting so excited to see what little miracle God has given us. Can't wait to share the name too!
Movement: Still having lots of wiggles and startle reflexes. Funny when that happens.
Food Craving: I guess I just don't get cravings...weird...
Sleep: Can't wait to sleep more on my stomach or in what ever position I want.
Symptoms: Just the typical ones that most women get at this point in pregnancy.
What I miss: Not bumping into everything that I pass. Poor Dayson's head is always right in the way. I frequently hear throughout the day "ow" every time he connects with my belly.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Having Litl B.

No comments:
Post a Comment