Dayson's current weight is 11lbs. 3oz. and is 23.5 inches long. Such a big boy! He still loves to eat all the time though we're working on getting him to wait at least two hours in between meals. Still having some struggles sleeping at night. He's averaging about 2 to 3 hours at once when he first goes to bed. After that, we're up every little bit. The night before last he slept for 4 1/2 hours in one shot! It's the third time in his little life that he's done that. I was more than thrilled with that.
Dayson's personality is really starting to come out now too. When he's in a good mood (which we really look forward too in between all the fussiness), he's all smiles and lots of wiggles. He's in constant motion and is always watching everything going on around him. Sometimes he can't keep his head still because of wanting to look at everything all at once. He also likes to roll from side to side. I know here very soon that he will be rolling over completely. He still can't cry with his eyes open. We've found that if we can just get him to keep his eyes open, he stops crying.
One of his latest things that he's been doing which I really don't like is when he's mad or wants to eat right away, he starts throwing his head back forcefully and arching his back. For being so little, he's definitely quite strong. I'm scared that one of these days we're not going to be quick enough in catching him and he's going to topple right over our arms. Any advise on how to get him to stop?
He's definitely become a mamma's boy. There are some days when I am the only person that can get him to calm down. Poor BJ and Iyana try so hard to help out and he just won't do it for them. I feel bad because he will be screaming his little head off in their arms and then as soon as I pick him up, he's quiet. It makes me feel good in knowing that I can get him to quiet down like that but at the same time, I really wish that he would allow others to help out as well.
Dayson, now matter how busy or fussy you are, we are so thankful that God has blessed us with you. Even though it's only been two months since you've entered this world and come into our lives, we cannot imagine what it would be like without you here. We love you so much and can't wait to see what God has in store for your life!
And one last picture. This was of him today after having a rough time not sleeping. He went most of the day without a nap, just kept fighting it. This was when he finally passed out from exhaustion. He only slept for about 20 minutes which I know isn't much, but when you've listened to pretty much non stop crying, it's blessed peace.







1 comment:
I feel tired just reading this post! That last picture is a classic.
Post a Comment