Wednesday, March 9, 2011

9 Years

My baby girl has turned 9! That just doesn't seem possible. Of course, she's been telling me that soon she will be 10. Can I not just deal with her turning 9 first before I have to hear about the next year?!?

This past year has brought a lot of changes for her. The biggest one being she finally became a sister. She has been  praying and asking God about that one for a long time. I think because of that, she's just that much more in love with her brother. She does have her times of being annoyed with him as all sibling go through, but for the most part, they share a pretty special bond with each other. I pray that they always have this closeness. Another big change is that she started homeschooling this year for 3rd grade. The timing for starting it was a little off of what we had wanted to do. And then three days into it, she got a week of vacation! That being due to Dayson being born (which she also got to witness). We also moved this past year again. She has moved more times in her young life than I ever did at her age. Of course, the first time I moved, I was twenty years old ☺.

She is growing and maturing in so many ways. No longer is she my little girl who still relies on me to take care of everything. Now, she is becoming a young lady who can do most things herself. She's so proud of herself when she can make her own lunch or take care of other things without help. It's hard to see her growing up but at the same time, I've been so blessed with the daughter that God has given me. She truly is a wonderful gift to us.

I was hoping to have pictures with this post but the weather hasn't been cooperating. We've had off and on snow the past couple of days. It should start warming up here soon and then we'll do her nine year old photo shoot. Can't wait!

No comments: