Week 24 + 4 days
This week, Litl B is weighing in at just over a pound and is almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn). Though still on the skinny side, he/she will soon start plumping up. His/her brain is also growing quickly and the taste buds are almost fully developed. His/her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his/her air sacs inflate once he/she hits the outside world. His/her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 24 weeks + 4 Days
Total Weight Gain: 7 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Mostly
maternity now. I have a couple of regular shirts that are loose enough to wear
for a while which is nice.
Best Moment This Week: Being able to fellowship with friends.
Gender and Name: Like with Iyana
and Dayson, we won't be finding out the gender until the baby is born and we
won't be sharing names until that time as well. ☺
Movement: This one is still a lot calmer than Dayson was for which I'm thankful. I am starting to notice a pattern though. Between the hours of 10pm and 1am, I notice a lot of activity and squirming around.
Food Craving: Been cooking and baking a lot but no major cravings.
Sleep: Had one really good night of sleep. The others we just won't talk about.
Symptoms: Aside from the morning sickness making more of an appearance again this week (it really hasn't gone away, just got a little better), I've come down with this random cough. Started out as just annoying but has progressively gotten to the point that my muscles hurt from coughing so much. No other symptoms though. You would think a cold would be on it's way, but so far so good. I do have a good nurse for any time I cough. All day long after every cough, Dayson asks if I'm "alright". He won't take yes for an answer, he'll keep repeating himself until I say "I'm alright, thank you".
What I miss: Being comfortable. As much as I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy since this is my last, this time around has been a little difficult.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Doing a photoshoot for some friends this weekend. Hoping the weather holds up so we can do them outside.

No comments:
Post a Comment