Monday, October 29, 2012

26 Weeks

This has been a pretty rough week. Between me coughing still and Dayson coming down with a bug, my energy level has been next to nill.

Litl B now weighs about a pound and two thirds and is about 14 inches from head to heel (no wonder I've been starting to feel little feet up around my ribs). The network of nerves in the ears are better developed and more sensitive. He/she is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid which is essential for the development of the lungs. These so-called breathing movements are good practice for when he/she takes that first big gulp of air.


Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 26 Weeks + 3 days

Total Weight Gain: 7 pounds. Will find out the exact weight gain when I have my appointment.
 
Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity now. Had a friend from church give me some long sleeved shirts which was much needed with the weather getting colder.
 
Best Moment This Week: My mom has come to visit for a few days.
 
Gender and Name: Like with Iyana and Dayson, we won't be finding out the gender until the baby is born and we won't be sharing names until that time as well. ☺
 
Movement: Haven't felt the kicks as much this past week but that could be due to all the coughing I'm doing. This poor little one probably doesn't know what's going on with mommy constantly coughing.
 
Food Craving: None. I've had the hardest time just getting an appetite.
 
Sleep: Between all the coughing I've been doing and a little boy who has been really sick this week, sleep really hasn't happened.
 
Symptoms: Still the occasional morning sickness. No nausea meds since late last week so that's a big improvement! The biggest concern is still this coughing bug that I've got. I'm thinking I may just have to bite the bullet and go see the doctor.

What I miss: Feeling normal.
 
What I'm Looking Forward To: Baby appointment on Tuesday. I like sitting and chatting with my midwife and also hearing the baby's heartbeat.



No comments: