Monday, November 5, 2012

27 Weeks

The closer we get to my due date, the more anxious I am to meet this little one. Some of that could be due to the fact that this pregnancy has been a bit difficult on my body. As some of you know, I'm still dealing with a bad cough. It has now lasted just over 4 weeks. Last night while at church helping watch the little kids, I was sitting on the floor putting a puzzle together when I started coughing. While coughing, I felt (and possibly heard) a pop in my rib cage. After that I had the most extreme pain that I think I've ever felt. I was able to keep it together until church was over and even managed to walk outside. Getting in and out of the car proved to be a great challenge and then once home, getting up the stairs was even harder. I'll admit, I cried the entire way up because it hurt so bad. Iyana was such a great help in taking care of Dayson so that BJ could help me, but she was in tears herself. Poor girl was so scared that something bad was going to happen to me.

We found out this morning that I had popped a rib out of place. My chiropractor was able to work on it though he said it was really tight and would take a while to heal. We're hoping that the pain will be more manageable by tomorrow. If not, I'll go back in to get some more adjustments. I'm so thankful that things aren't worse. I'm also thankful for Iyana helping out and BJ being so kind and patient with me as I've moved so slow.

Litl B is roughly 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and about 14.5 inches long. He/she is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his/her eyes, and perhaps even sucking on fingers. With more brain tissue developing, the baby's brain is very active now. While the lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he/she were to be born now.

So glad I took this on Saturday.
 
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 27 Weeks + 3 days

Total Weight Gain: 7.5 pounds. I'm at the exact same weight gain that I was when I was pregnant with Dayson. Kind of weird.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity now. Looking forward to the days when I can wear normal clothes again.

Best Moment This Week: Hearing of God's blessings.

Gender and Name: Like with Iyana and Dayson, we won't be finding out the gender until the baby is born and we won't be sharing names until that time as well. ☺

Movement: All this past week, it's like a switch has gone off and this little one is now busy. It's been fun feeling all the movements and being able to point out the hands and feet.

Food Craving: Still no cravings. Makes me thankful in a way.

Sleep: I was finally starting to sleep a little better until the last three nights. Last night in particular was pretty bad.

Symptoms: Um, pain? Besides the pain, I have about one of two days a weeks that I still deal with morning sickness.

What I miss: Feeling normal.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Being able to walk and move around normal with no pain.

No comments: