Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Weeks

It's official! I have made it to the third trimester, let the countdown begin! Actually, I entered the third trimester a couple of weeks ago, just been behind on getting things updated. It's such a good feeling to make it this far in the pregnancy. Even though I've had two previous healthy pregnancies, one always worries about any problems that may happen. If things go like before, I'm probably looking at a week or two beyond the 10 that's left. That depends on who you ask though. BJ thinks maybe this time I'll actually go a little early. We'll just have to wait and see.

Litl B is about 15.7 inches long now, and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds the baby, but that volume will decrease as he/she gets bigger and takes up more room in the uterus. His/her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after birth, he/she will keep their eyes closed for a good part of the day. When they do open them, he/she will respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he/she can only make out objects a few inches from his/her face.


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 7 pounds. After my last appointment, I went through a really hard time eating anything. No appetite or desire to even feed myself, mainly due to the coughing and rib pain. Ended up losing two pounds. I'm now almost back up to my previous weight and am working really hard on feeding this little one.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity now. Looking forward to the days when I can wear normal clothes again.

Best Moment This Week: Knowing that my cough is finally passing. I still have it but can tell it's not as deep and really is going away. Yay!

Gender and Name: Coming soon! ☺

Movement: Still feeling frequent movements. Noticing that this little one is running out of room as there's lots more wiggles.

Food Craving: Just trying to eat more, no cravings.

Sleep: If I go to bed late enough (and assuming none of the kids get up), I can actually sleep until the alarm goes off around 6:30. If I go to bed at a decent time, I get up at least once.

Symptoms: The morning sickness is still hanging around. I've unfortunately had to take medicine three times this week so far. Still have some rib pain but it's so much better than when it first gave me problems.

What I miss: Being able to lay down on my stomach.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Baby appointment this coming week!


No comments: