Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is a great reminder of being thankful for all that you have. God has blessed us greatly with the life that He's given us, even when times seem tough. Lately with all the sickness that we've had go around in our family, I've had to try really hard to find the things to be thankful for. Having that kind of attitude really helps improve the situation. No matter what you're going through or how hard life seems to be, there is always something to be thankful for.

Today, I'm thankful for the little things. Last night was kind of rough with Dayson. For some reason, he refused to go to sleep. After letting him talk and sing to himself for almost two hours, I finally went in to get him out of bed. What did I find when I went in there? He had stripped off all his clothes but fortunately (and a thing to be thankful for) he left his diaper on (that's been a challenge lately). Even though it was late and a bit frustrating that he was still up, I got to spend a few minutes snuggling with him in the rocking chair. This doesn't happen hardly at all anymore so it was a blessing.

Earlier this week, Iyana and I actually got to go out and spend some time together. We did some shopping and walking around the mall looking at things. It was so nice to have some just girl time amidst all the craziness in our lives. I know once Litl B is here, it's going to become that much more difficult to have these moments and so I cherish these times with her.

Since I haven't posted anything for a while, especially about the kids, here's a couple of video's to see what all they have been up to. Iyana had a homeschooling get together recently for Thanksgiving. It was great fun for all. The kids all memorized or read something out loud to practice their public speaking skills. Iyana told a turkey limerick and a verse out of Colossians that she had memorized.


Here was the Thanksgiving finger foods "feast" that the kids had.
 
Dayson has been learning some new songs in Sunday school. Here he is singing with BJ and doing some of the hand motions to one of his favorites, "I'm in the Lord's Army". And if you're wondering about his clothes, these are the ones he picked out and put on. He's into the dressing himself phase. He's also wearing a little heart necklace that he helped make at church which is another thing he loves.




No comments: