Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week 17

This week Baby B. is about 5 inches long from crown to rump, weighs about 5 ounces (almost double from the past week) and can now sense sounds. The skeleton is changing from soft cartiledge to bone and he/she can move her joints.


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 17 weeks

Total Weight Gain: About 2.5 pounds gained. (won't know the exact amount until I go in for my next appointment towards the end of the month.)

Maternity Clothes: Wearing quite a few but can still manage to fit into some regular shirts.

Best Moment This Week: Got some house work done and the fish tank is clean!!

Gender: It's a surprise!!

Name: You'll have to wait and find out!

Movement: Having a few more kicks and wiggles this week.

Food Craving: No major cravings this week.

Sleep: Getting rough again. Having weird dreams at night that wake me up, then of course since I'm awake, nature calls!

Symptoms: Still have some morning sickness mainly due to smells. Starting to feel the effects of my growing abdomen as it stretches. Been a little uncomfortable this week.

What I'm Looking Forward To: I have my midwife appointment coming up in the next week. I think we'll be having an ultrasound this time around!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is how I know I'm done having babies: your posts don't inspire even one drop of envy. :)

I can't believe that you're already 17 weeks along! Feels like just yesterday that we were talking in the foyer...

(This is Serena, by the way. I just realized that Marc was still signed in, but I'm too lazy to go back and log in again. Sorry.)