It's hard to imagine that I'm already over the half way point. I have roughly 16 weeks until this little one arrives. Though not trying to get my hopes up, my midwife has said that I'm measuring about two weeks ahead of schedule. She's not going to officially move my due date but has said that if I were to go early, they wouldn't be surprised. This week, Baby B. is about 1 pound, 5 ounces and almost a foot long! Hard to imagine something of that size crammed inside of me, but boy do I feel all the wiggles and kicks. He/she is putting on some padding this week and is looking more and more like a baby. Also, the taste buds are continuing to develope and the lungs are developing the "branches" of the respiratory "tree".
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 24 weeks + 2 days
Total Weight Gain: 7 Pounds (I'm feeling every one of them)
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all maternity now. I wore one of my regular dresses to church the other day and well, it just didn't quite fit right. For the most part it looked ok, but I could tell that this is yet another item being put away until later.
Best Moment This Week: Finally feeling Baby B. having the hiccups. Poor thing though got quite upset with them and gave me a good thumping.
Gender: Not a clue. Still kind of leaning more towards a boy, but hey, you never know.
Name: Still a surprise! You'll have to wait and find out!
Movement: Boy is this little one a mover. I've noticed that he/she especially likes it when our pastor at church gets up to preach.
Food Craving: Milk! Even though I've been taking my calcium, I must still be lacking. I was ready to open a jug of milk at the store and drink it right there! BJ asked me to please wait until I got home. Guess he didn't want to be embarrassed :-).
Sleep: I had a night that I was able to sleep through without waking up! On top of that, this week hasn't been as bad with getting sleep, so I'm very happy.
Symptoms: Still having some breathing struggles but my latest concern is some pulling and almost tearing kind of feelings I've been getting when I move a certain way. My midwife is having me keep an eye on it and so far, nothing bad has happened. We think that I just have a lot of scar tissue built up that's getting pulled and pushed around. Makes for an uncomfortable period of time but then goes away.
What I'm Looking Forward To: We're moving in a month (locally of course)! I'm looking forward to going through our stuff and downsizing. I'd love to have everything done by the time this little one gets here so that there are no worries about it afterwards.

2 comments:
I laughed out loud when I read that Baby B starts gettin' Pentecostal when Dad gets up to preach. :) My babies always did their best flips during congregational singing.
I've been meaning to tell your dad about this. It's so funny how this little one is quiet and then your dad gets up and I'm constantly moving to stay comfortable with all the kicks. Funny what babies respond to.
Post a Comment