Saturday, May 15, 2010

Week 26

Baby B. is getting bigger and more active. This week he/she is about 2 pounds and 14 inches! As the blood vessels in the lungs began last week, the air sacs in the lungs begin this week. The lungs begin to secrete surfactant which covers the inner lining of the air sacs which then allows the lungs to expand normally during breathing. The network of nerves in the ears are better formed and more sensitive.


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 26 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 7 Pounds (I'll find out exactly how much I've gained over the past month at my next appointment which is this week)

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all maternity now. There's no more hiding this belly now.

Best Moment This Week: Having more energy than normal and being able to get stuff done.

Gender: It's a mystery.

Name: Still a surprise! You'll have to wait and find out!

Movement: Definitely lots. We're getting a morning routine going. After I get up for a bathroom visit and then lay back down, this is baby's time to do gymnastics. I love being able to just lay there and feel all the movement going on and wondering just what exactly he/she is doing in there.

Food Craving: Nothing major this week. The needing of milk has settled down though I still enjoy a glass or two or three throughout the day.

Sleep: Sleep hasn't been anything to complain about. Getting to the point to where my back is starting to ache if I stay in bed too long.

Symptoms: Typical pregnancy backache and lots more stretching up front.

What I'm Looking Forward To: We're moving in less than a month (locally of course)! I'm looking forward to going through our stuff and downsizing. I'd love to have everything done by the time this little one gets here so that there are no worries about it afterwards.



No comments: