Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 28

We've entered the home stretch! Seven months down and into our last trimester. We're getting excited to meet this little one that has become so much a part of our lives. Iyana is totally thrilled about becoming a big sister but has had one request.....that she would please not have to change any diapers. We'll see how that goes.

Baby B. is about two and a quarter pounds now and roughly 14.8 inches long from head to foot. Besides starting to plump up in there, he/she is blinking beautiful eyes that now sport lashes. Muscle tone is improving and the lungs are capable of breathing air.


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 28 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 7.5 Pounds (Feels like more this week! Yippy!!)

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all maternity. There's no more hiding this belly now.

Best Moment This Week: Iyana finished the 2nd grade this week! We now have a little bit more time to relax during the week.

Gender: Is it a boy or a girl.....still waiting to find out! We did ask the baby if he/she was a boy or a girl. No response when asking about that....but when asked if he/she was going to keep it a surprise for us, we got lots of kicks in response.

Name: Got the names picked out but you have to wait!

Movement: The norm here which means a lot of kicks and wiggles. This week it's been fun to watch the baby stretch and see the sides of my stomach become a very odd in shape.

Food Craving: Still nothing serious for now which I think BJ is thankful for.

Sleep: Some day I will remember what it's like to have an uninterrupted night of sleep.

Symptoms: Still having a lot of braxton hicks. Praying that these don't lead to the real thing until it's the right time.

What I'm Looking Forward To: This is our big week for moving! Getting so excited though I've been told I will have a babysitter if I don't behave. No lifting for this mamma.

1 comment:

Serena said...

Don't count on getting a full night's sleep anytime soon - this is just God's way of preparing you for night-feedings. Unfortunately, I'm still up once or twice every night with Val-Val. Blah!

Also - I loved the pictures from the last post. Especially the belly kiss. True love.

AND - We enjoyed BJ's presentation last night! We had to leave during the video segment because my cousin was getting married at 7:00p.m. Sorry! But, we did enjoy all the work that he put into it. The costume was great!