Today Dayson is 8 months and 1 day old. This past month has brought along many new milestones that he eagerly practices everyday now. He's definitely scooting. I wouldn't exactly say crawling, but he's figured out how to move from one place to the next rather quickly now. It's been fun watching him as he goes up and down in kind of an army type crawl and works so hard to get somewhere. He almost always has a smile on his face while doing it.
And like I was mentioning in his last monthly post, he's now moved on to the cruising phase. He's just barely begun it and is still working on getting his feet to work right, but he hasn't wasted anytime in going from one thing to the next. We were visiting my parents this past week and he had so much fun going from the couch to the ottoman and back again. He then got a little too confident and decided that he was ready to let go (actually, he did this several times). The times that I wasn't right there within reach, he either did a face plant into the carpet or fell straight back. Only startled him but didn't deter him from trying again.
As he gets older, he's becoming so much more outgoing and smiles almost all of the time. It's such a nice change from when he was cranky. He still isn't sleeping very well. I can almost pinpoint the times at night as to when he will be getting up. Then of course we have the other nights when it's every hour that he's up (that was what last week was like). I still think his teeth are what causes a lot of it, but then there's the times when I have no idea why he woke up other than to get a midnight snack. Speaking of teeth, he has three now. Earlier this week I was sure that tooth #4 had popped through. If it did, then his gums have swelled over it because it hasn't been seen since. I'm expecting about four other teeth to come in within a very short time. He's got the bumps in his mouth and you can see them just below the surface.
Long car rides are definitely not something that he likes. He did really well on the drive to WA this last week, but the drive home was another story. He figured out how to do a very high pitched scream and used it a lot. I made more stops on the trip home but it didn't seem to help. Fortunately, he did sleep for a while which Iyana and I were very grateful. I will probably be waiting before attempting another road trip with him in the near future.
All in all, we had a wonderful trip. Dayson got to show off some of his new skills and he turned 8 months old while in WA. Makes me wonder what this next month is going to bring. Iyana started walking at 9 months, so I'm wondering if he will follow in her footsteps.
Taste testing the rocks. He's definitely all boy!















No comments:
Post a Comment