Saturday, August 28, 2010

41 Weeks

Is anyone as surprised as I am that I have made it to 41 weeks? I've had my moments this past week thinking that I'll be pregnant forever. Nothing feels different. I've been hoping that my water would finally just break and then we would know for sure that this baby is going to come. We've tried a few things to get labor going, but I think Baby B. is very content to stay in there. Not sure what else to do except keep being patient.

 A bit over 20 inches long, our baby has continued to grow and may now weigh almost 8 pounds. As cozy as he/she is, our baby can't stay inside forever (though it does feel like it). About 5 to 6 percent of women have prolonged pregnancies that extend three or more weeks beyond their estimated due dates. Babies born at 42 weeks and beyond can have dry parchment-like skin and are often overweight.



Pregnancy Highlights

How Far along: 41 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 16 Pounds

Maternity Clothes: Waiting for the day when I can be back in my regular clothes and not have to worry if the bottom of my belly is showing since I can't see it!

Best Moment This Week: Having mom in town for a whole week. Bummed that she had to go home before baby came.

Gender: Very, very soon we will be finding out!

Name: We would really like to announce it soon...

Movement: Still having lots of wiggles. I would think that this little one wouldn't have anymore room to move at all.

Food Craving: No food cravings at all. The only thing I'm craving is having this baby out.

Sleep: Just waiting for the day when it'll be a little bit more normal.

Symptoms: Still having rib problems. Walking is starting to get a little weird too since baby is sitting so low.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Meeting Baby B finally☺.


No comments: