Wow, week 38. For a while there we didn't think we would make it this far into the pregnancy and now I'm wondering if this little one is going to be stubborn and make us wait until the due date. The longer in there though, the better just to make sure everything is developed and ok. Still getting very excited for the day to come when ever it is. That's the one thing about having a baby is you just don't know when the actual day is going to be (unless other wise scheduled). We'll keep you updated as to what all is happening as the weeks progress.
Baby B. weighs about 6.8 pounds and is around 19 1/2 inches long. He/she has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his/her hand for the first time! The organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. The circumference of the head and the baby's abdomen are about the same size now. Baby is plumping up and getting ready for delivery (woohoo!)

Baby B. weighs about 6.8 pounds and is around 19 1/2 inches long. He/she has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his/her hand for the first time! The organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. The circumference of the head and the baby's abdomen are about the same size now. Baby is plumping up and getting ready for delivery (woohoo!)

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far along: 38 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 13 Pounds (lost a pound this last week. I've tried so hard to gain and now to be losing doesn't sit well with me. The midwives tell me it's normal and ok though)
Maternity Clothes: My clothes are getting smaller and smaller. I only have a few shirts left now that completely cover my belly. Not going to buy anymore since we're so close to this little one being born.
Best Moment This Week: I'm sure there was a "best moment", I just can't think of it right now.
Gender: Very, very soon we will be finding out!
Name: Very, very soon you will be finding out ☺!
Movement: Feeling super cramped this week. He/she is starting to bulge out the sides now since there's no more room elsewhere.
Food Craving: No cravings but I did send BJ out to get teriyaki chicken this week from our favorite Japanese restaurant only to find out that they are closed for two months. Had to settled for Panda Express......doesn't really compare.
Sleep: I'm up more at night than not. With all the baby weight sitting out front, my back is really starting to complain. Warm baths and ice at night have been helping some.
Symptoms: Contractions seem to be slowing down at times. This is what happened with Iyana so maybe here really soon this little one will finally come out.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Giving my husband and daughter a great big hug once this little one is born without the belly being in the way.
1 comment:
Down to SINGLE DIGITS on the Lilypie counter today!!!! WAHOO.
Post a Comment