Thursday, August 12, 2010

Letter to Baby B.

My dearest little Baby B.,

  How excited we are to finally meet you! The days of waiting are coming to an end and now we wait (just a little longer) with anticipation for when you are ready to finally enter this world. I have very much enjoyed feeling you grow inside of me knowing that God has created the perfect environment for you. He has also created you in the most wonderful of ways. Never forget that He knit you together in my womb and that you are very special to Him. He loves you so much, much more than mommy and daddy could ever imagine loving you (though we do love you in ways we can't even express). I'm so excited for the day we can finally see your lovely little face, hear you cry for the first time and kiss all your little fingers and toes. We have been blessed beyond belief with you and your sister. Never did we think that we would have children and God has shown His great might and wonder to us twice! We are in total awe of His wonderful miracles and gifts that He has bestowed upon us. We pray that you and Iyana will someday understand all that He has done for us and that you will come to love Him with an everlasting love and serve Him with all your heart.
  Baby B., I'm going to miss carrying you inside of me. I will miss all your wiggles and jabs and maybe even miss having you push on my ribs. As miserable as I feel at times, these past weeks have gone by way too fast. This is a once in a lifetime to carry you so closely for so long. I have loved our bonding time that we have when I dance my fingers across my belly and you respond. You very much love to be massaged and have very ticklish feet. Love it when I find them and you jerk away only to come back for more. Or is it you come back because that's the only place you can put your feet? We have found that you do NOT like anything cold being put on you. Whether that be cold hands, ice pack or anything else, you immediately jerk away and start wiggling to change positions. Oh, and as for loud noises, you really don't like those either. I have learned what the startle reflex feels like when in the womb. You can sure make my belly look funny. As soon as any loud noise starts (especially the bath water or hair dryer) it's like you immediately throw your arms and legs out as much as possible and turn sideways. Makes it look like I swallowed something funny. Good memories that I will forever treasure. I love how you respond when daddy and sissy sing to you. Somedays you will be so quiet until you hear their voices and then it's like you get so excited by bouncing all around inside of me.
  Ahhh, Baby B., how we long to see you soon. When you are good and ready, we will be waiting with open arms. Your sister asks me everyday if this is the day. She is so excited to meet you and can't wait to rain down hugs and kisses upon you. We love you so much and look forward to seeing you soon!

Love,
Mommy, Daddy and Big Sister Iyana

No comments: