The night before week 39 we thought once again that it may be time. This little one sure likes to keep us guessing. Lots of contractions and pressure and good ole classic labor signs......but no baby. Within an hour or so, everything slowed down and then completely stopped. Baby B., we're so anxious to see you and these little practice times are great, but I'd really love for them to go somewhere. Also, as I'm sure you'll notice with the picture, I have now passed being as big and round as a basketball. I was going to take a picture with one and forgot to bring the ball it with me. If I make it to next week, I'll work on getting that picture done.
Baby B. weighs over 7 pounds (or at least around there) and is about 20 inches long. He/she is continuing to build a layer of fat to help control temperature for after delivery. The outer layers of his/her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far along: 39 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 14 Pounds (gained my pound back that I lost.....woohoo!!)
Maternity Clothes: My clothes are getting smaller and smaller. I only have a few shirts left now that completely cover my belly. Not going to buy anymore since we're so close to this little one being born.
Best Moment This Week: Having everything at the apartment almost completely unpacked. It's definitely taken a lot longer than I was hoping for, but as long as it's getting done, and especially before Baby B. comes along, I'm happy.
Gender: Very, very soon we will be finding out!
Name: Iyana is chomping at the bit to find out☺!
Movement: Poor little one is so cramped in there. I'm cramped feeling too. This one really likes my ribs. Feels like I've done 100 crunches with nothing to show for it.
Food Craving: Still no cravings, just a lot of baking and cooking.
Sleep: I got a little over two hours of sleep right in a row this week. That's a big improvement!
Symptoms: What can I say.....I'm pregnant and due to "pop" at any time ☺.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Still looking forward to those hugs but also very much looking forward to meeting Baby B.


No comments:
Post a Comment