Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 40

40 weeks! Can't believe I actually made it. For so long we thought this little one was going to come early and then of course when it was safe, he/she decided to wait it out. I'm glad for the fact that I didn't go early, but also eagerly waiting for the day we get to see him/her. Come on Baby B! Lots of people are here waiting for you and I'm sure you'd be a lot less cramped than you are now.

It's hard to say for sure how big our baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His/her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason our baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth (which of course is normal and temporary). 

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far along: 40 Weeks!

Total Weight Gain: 14.5 Pounds

Maternity Clothes: Waiting for the day when I can be back in my regular clothes and not have to worry if the bottom of my belly is showing since I can't see it!

Best Moment This Week: Not delivering on the day that I hurt my ribs.

Gender: Very, very soon we will be finding out!

Name: We can't wait to announce it!

Movement: Have I mentioned that this little one likes my ribs? And wake up time is around 2:30AM until 5:00AM.

Food Craving: Still no cravings, just a lot of baking and cooking.

Sleep: I think I'll sleep better after baby is here. At least I won't be getting up every little bit to use the bathroom, it'll just be to feed this little one.

Symptoms: Severe rib pain still. Hoping that it'll be gone or at least settled down before baby comes.

What I'm Looking Forward To: A baby coming today. If not today, then hopefully soon ☺.

2 comments:

Serena said...

I CANNOT believe that you made it to this day with Baby B. still nestled snugly INSIDE of you!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you're enjoying time with your mom. I'm guessing that there will be an announcement at church tomorrow morning and then BJ won't have to be at church all afternoon for the deacon's meeting. HA!

Serena said...

Okay - it's Tuesday, Aug. 24th now. I don't believe in "hocus pocus" but I have a gut feeling that Baby B. is on his/her way tonight. (Of course I was WAY OFF with my first gun instict, so don't pay any attention to me.) But I have heard nurses talk about busy maternity wards on nights when the moon is full. And guess what?! We've got a big round one tonight!!!